Do you blog?
Back in 2010, I talked about why small businesses should blog more, and since then I believe it’s become even more important.
If you started blogging in 2010, the chances are that you were pretty early on in your industry (unless you’re in SEO or Social Media) and so you should be reaping the rewards right now, getting more visitors, more comments and more sales than your competitors who came to blogging later (or maybe still don’t blog!)
If you’ve still not got around to starting a blog though, all is not lost. Make 2013 the year that you really start to explore how blogging can work for you and your business.
Businesses that blog get:
- More pages in search engines = more chances for potential customers to find you
- More traffic = more chances for you to prove to your potential customers that you are credible and here to stay
- More comments = more chances for you to interact with your potential customers
- More credibility = more of a chance that potential customers will come to you rather than your competitors
What’s not to like?
Setting up and customising a blog isn’t difficult, and you could be up and running within a couple of days.
So here are 5 blog posts you should read if you’re looking to kick start your blogging in 2013:
- 5 Reasons Your WordPress Blog Should Be Self Hosted
While it’s not a bad thing to start with a freebie blog, if you want to be taken seriously you really need to look at self hosting, and this blog post tells you why. Need help with self hosting WordPress? Drop me a line to email@example.com
- 21 Things You Could Blog About Right Now
Often people put off blogging because they think they won’t have anything to say; this blog post talks you through 21 different things you could blog. Even if you post one a day that’s 3 weeks worth of blogging! No excuses now!
- 67 SEO Tips for Blogging Newbies
This title is a bit of a misnomer to be honest; even if you’ve been blogging for a while, this handy guide will more than likely tell you somehing you didn’t know about how your blog can help you to be found in search engines with very little effort.
- Tips for Landing a Guest Post Every Time
Guest blogging is one of the best traffic generators you’ll find, and if you’re not doing it yet, you should be! This post talks you through how to become the perfect guest poster and have people lining up to feature your posts.
- Bloggers Have You Established Your Route to Fame?
Once you have written a blog, how do you go about promoting it? If you feel as if you’re talking to yourself at times, this post will walk you through how I promote a blog post – it may help you to promote yours.
So, blogging; it’s not as hard as it may seem, but trust me, you will reap the rewards.